Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Maternity break ends in a flash

In another 4 more days our lovely baby will turn 4 months old, that is surely a big milestone but the sad fact is, I have to start working from tomorrow (Dec 09) onwards.

Some other mummies delivered in Aug have already returned to work by now, and everyone of them is complaining that they are misssing their babies so much at work.. For me I think I am the lucky one who can work from home and see through Renzo's development at the same time. Life should be good for Renzo as there is not going to be much changes to his daily routine, I will still be able to look after him together with our maid Aye Aye, but it is not going to be easy for me. Because I should be having conference calls and providing trainings over the phone most of the time, and maybe once or twice a month I need to go back to office and fix some problems for my users.. Sounds simple isn't it? But that is not true when you have a crying baby at home.

Renzo loves to play with Aye Aye and he can babble and laugh out extremely loud when he is in good mood. But whenever he needs to burp, drink milk or sleep, he can cry equally loud also. And 9.5 out of 10 times, Aye Aye cannot handle him. That only 0.5 time she could, is when I am out for grocery shopping, Renzo just has no choice but cries till he nearly loses his voice and extremely tired, maybe he will give in a bit and let Aye Aye carry him for milk or sleep.. The rest of the time basically I just have to quickly take over and coax my boy till he cools down, then pass back to her. But a lot of times, the moment I take over, Renzo will stop crying and once he is back to Aye Aye's arms, he will start it all over again. I tried to let go and just let him cry it out but it is so heartpain to see his tears all over his face and he fidgets till his whole body turns red..
So during daytime, this happens at least about 4-5 times and I am really worried about how am I going to work when Renzo is crying. To certain extend, going back to office is definitely going to make my life easier as it provides me with the right working environment. But for the sake of my precious boy, I think I just have to pull through this period, it is only about 4 months time from now till end of March, with a number of holidays and a short month of Feb..

Some people said babies can recognize our faces and that is why sometimes they do not let others carry them. But isn't it normal for babies to cry for mummies' hugs and kisses, since we've gone through an exhausting pregnancy and labour, and now the infant care phase is even more backbreaking. Though Aye Aye is super good at imitating my way of carrying, patting, feeding, talking and singing to Renzo, it is no doubt that my boy still seeks for comfort from me..

Now I can only pray that Renzo can outgrown this period soon, and start to get distracted easily by other stuff when he learns to flip, sit, crawl, walk and talk..

Finally, some pictures taken with my new Samsung Pixon 12 phone for your viewing pleasure.. (err like Win said, we should call it a camera with phone fuctions, haha)..

0 thoughts on this article:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2009 ~ 2011 Watch Renzo Grow | Design : Noyod.Com | Edited by: Gamersaurus | Icons by: FastIcon.com