Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mummy Chan's Nightmare


On Feb 23rd, 4am in the morning, I woke up as usual(pregnant lady needs to wake up a few times at night due to frequent urination..), then something disastrous happened -- I found myself BLEEDING!!

It was not the pinkish or brownish kind of color, but the fresh red color of blood! I was totally freaked out!!!

Earlier that evening, we were having a food tasting session with the family for Wilson and Lucretia(Winson's brother and sis-in-law)'s upcoming wedding banquet. During the dinner, I drank a glass of red wine and a bit of white wine also. I am fully aware that I should stay away from alcohol, but Lu's sister who is a nurse and a mother of two told me that red wine is good for baby and I could just drink a little bit. So the first thing I could think of was, is that because of the red wine?? I couldn't think more but started talking to my poor little baby: "dear are you okie? did mummy do anything wrong? Mummy promise you that I will not do that again but can you promise mummy that you will be strong and healthy??..."

I heard about a mother-to-be lost her child when she was in her 8th month. I suddently felt the pinch. I remember during our Australia trip, I even told my mother that if a miscarriage happened to me, I think I can take it, because maybe it means that me and my baby just have no "yuan fen".. But at that very moment, I was 100% sure that I could not take it at all, and I do not want to lose my baby, he's been inside me for 3 months already and he's a true life. Just a week ago, we were assured by Dr Lim that our baby is perfectly fine, and I have passed my 1st trimester so now everything should be stablised. But why? Why I experienced bleeding out of sudden then? I woke up Win (for a moment I was wondering if I should do that since I might scare him and make things even worse), he kept telling me not to worry and things will be fine. He even turned on the computer and started reading on topics about "bleeding during pregnancy".. We finanlly decided to wait for another 2 hours as we thought it might be too early to wake up Dr Lim. We tried to grab a nap and woke up at 6am to give Dr Lim a buzz. His nurse picked up the hotline and told me that Dr Lim will get back to me in a while. 20 minutes later, my phone rang and Dr Lim called me with his cellphone. He told me to go down to hospital if my bleeding continues badly, or else just see him at his clinic at 9:40am.

I checked that my bleeding seemed to stop at that time, so we waited patiently for another few hours, then there we were, at Dr Lim's clinic on a Monday morning. On our way to clinic, we kept talking to each other and telling each other that it will not be too serious and our baby is definitely able to pull through this. I told Win that I was not nervous, not scared.. But my high blood pressure of 148 clearly showed how bad my feeling was.. Dr Lim looked very concerned but he still greeted me calmly with his friendly smile.. This time he immediately did a physical check on my cervix (I only did this during my first 2 visits, thereafter he has been using transducer to scan my abdomen area which is known as the usual ultrasound, I thought I will never need a physical check like this as it really causes slight discomfort).. But it all worth the pain as he straight away pointed out that the bleeding was caused by my "cervical polyp" - a small tumor in my cervix. Some pregnant women have that and usually it disappears by itself after delivery. I guess mine just gets bigger and Dr Lim said he will do a small operation to pull it out if my bleeding continues after 2 weeks. After that he did a normal ultrasound scan, and I felt a total relief when he pointed to me that there was no blood in my womb at all..

My blood pressure dropped right away to 120, and I told myself, as long as our baby is healthy, be it that I have to suffer from frequent bleeding, or an operation to remove the polyp, I am all fine with it..

So here we have the scan from that day, probably my fave scan of all those taken thus far.

2 thoughts on this article:

Anterme said...

Hi Mummy Chan

So is everything ok now?

Baby Chan will be strong & healthy cos of all the fruits & yakult u hav taken.

Feel so happy & wen xin after reading the blog. =)

Mummy Chan said...

haha thanks so much for your concern my dear friend... yes everything is okay so far, just hope that Baby Chan is not sick of fruits next time sia.. ^_^

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2009 ~ 2011 Watch Renzo Grow | Design : Noyod.Com | Edited by: Gamersaurus | Icons by: FastIcon.com