Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Visit to the Gynae


As recommended by Kelly, Felicia's twin sister, we made our appointment with our Gynae, Dr. Lim Teck Chye of The Tow Yung Clinic at Tanglin Shopping Centre. One of the primary reasons contributing to me being in favour of going to him was that Cherry, our baby niece, was delivered by the expert hands of Dr Lim on 3rd December 2006.

The initial appointment was scheduled to be on 27/12/08 (Saturday), but strange enough, Feli received a call from the nurse at the clinic to ask if she was able to make it if they brought it forward to the 26th. Thankfully, Feli was able to make last minute arrangements at work and happily skipped off work that very morning. But being a Friday that the 26th of Dec was, I was unable to accompany Feli on her first Gynae visit. Unfortunately, as I wasn't present, I can't pen down what happened and what the procedures were like. All I remember is that during my lunch break that day, Feli texted me with a bombardment of information of Baby Chan. Filtering through the seas of words, I picked out the one sentence that put our hearts at ease... She confirmed with Dr Lim that X-rays ain't quite capable enough to harm the development of the foetus unless the mother is taking X-rays like a trigger-happy 16-year-old with a new digicam (well okay... Dr Lim didn't quite exactly say that... but you get my point..=P )...


And the loveliest memento that we received from this first Gynae trip... Our first look at our baby...
Okay okay... I know it ain't much of a looker at this point... but hey, you can't be expecting facial features and limbs from an embryo a few weeks old eh?


At least now we know that despite the unusually high occurence of twins in Feli's family tree (Feli and her sis Kelly being one of the many pairs), our's ain't going to be contributing to that statistics as Baby Chan is a happy single embryo, happily growing in the warmth and comfort of Mummy Chan~ ^_^

1 thoughts on this article:

Mummy Chan said...

At that time all I could see on the monitor screen is one small little dot, but I could already hear the strong heartbeat of our little Renzo, so amazing..

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2009 ~ 2011 Watch Renzo Grow | Design : Noyod.Com | Edited by: Gamersaurus | Icons by: FastIcon.com