Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Renzo baby has distinctive preference over Daddy Chan now

After my 2 weeks business trip, it became apparent that Renzo baby developed this distinctive preference over his daddy nowadays.

Incident #1:
Win went for grocery shopping after dinner to replenish milk powder stock for Renzo. In the past, he would just tell Renzo where is he going and when will he be back, well indeed that doesn't concern our boy much, he is surely more interested to know if Win will leave his ipad at home for him to play only. But nowadays Renzo often cries for Daddy, and keeps asking, "Where is daddy? You (I) want daddy, where??!!"

Incident #2:
One of my most important (to Renzo) routine tasks, is to sing bedtime lullabies to Renzo, and since his birth till now. I've been switching between more than 20 English and Chinese songs for this little one. The biggest worry I used to have was, how could Daddy Chan coax baby to sleep when I am away for my trip. But now, I am not worried any more. A few nights ago, while I happily ended 1 round of "ABC" and just about to start on "Row Row Row your boat", I was suddenly stopped by Renzo, he shouted "Mummy sing song, row row row your boat 不要, Daddy sing song, row row row your boat, please!"

Incident #3:
Recently we noticed that Renzo loves to give instructions to us adults on what we should do according to his perference. Such as forcing grandpa to only sit on his own chair instead of on grandma's chair, insisting on eating "potato" from his plate and throwing them out when we correct him that it's "pumpkin" instead. I didn't really expect that unfortunately, finally I became his target. Tonight right before his bedtime, he was playing around and while Daddy Chan finished shower and returned to the room, Renzo was extremely excited. (Needless to say, he was super cranky while Daddy Chan went for his shower). And this time, he quickly lay in his bed and got into his sleeping position, then he started giving out instructions in his captivating tone:
Renzo: "Renzo lie down, Daddy also lie down!"
Mummy: "Where? Which side?"
Renzo (pointing at his right hand side): "Here, this side!"
Daddy: "So can Mummy lie down also?"
Renzo (without hesitation): "Mummy lie down 不要!!"
While I was wondering what am I supposed to do then,
Renzo: "Mummy go walk walk!!" and he then pushed me down from the bed..
Mummy: "Ergh, Mummy go where walk walk then?"
Renzo: "Mummy, open the door, go walk walk!!!!!" (Apparently getting me out of the bed is not good enough, he wanted me to be totally out of his sight!)

I find it rather hilarious although I know I supposed to feel pretty downhearted over all these. But I am very touched to see the efforts Win put in recently to look after our Renzo gets well paid off this way.

Here's a little video of Renzo feeding himself on our recent trip to the airport.

2 thoughts on this article:

Susan said...

I'm struggling with the exact opposite as Sophie always says she don't want Daddy at bed time. So now I'm teaching her to be politically correct by telling Daddy to go rest instead.

Mummy Chan said...

haha that's a good one Susan..

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2009 ~ 2011 Watch Renzo Grow | Design : Noyod.Com | Edited by: Gamersaurus | Icons by: FastIcon.com