Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy father's day!

For those of you who read, and loved my previous post about Renzo's wonderful dad, did I mention, I've saved the best for last?!!

So yes, it's father's day today and on behalf of the boys, I'm wishing my hubby a happy father's day with a sharing of the top 3 amazing things he's done for our kids, yes, the TOP THREE things in my eyes that are absolutely noteworthy:

TOP #3. Daddy the "beautician"
Did I ever mention on Renzo's blog that Daddy is the one who cuts his finger nails each time?! How many times did mummy cut his nails then? TWO TIMES SINCE BIRTH! Yes Daddy took over that duty since Renzo was just a few weeks old, because I snipped off a small piece of  his fingertip during my 2nd nail cutting session for Renzo! I had developed a phobia since then and thinking about the need to cut Renzo's finger nails, is torturing enough to me. Luckily hubby came to rescue, you wouldn't believe dad can do a better job than mom in terms of providing grooming service to kids, apparently that is the case in our house!

TOP #2. Daddy the Parent Volunteer

All parents understand how our primary school registration process can drive us nuts easily. So since Renzo was 3, we have applied to be Parent Volunteers and Daddy had no hesitation at all when I asked whether he will be able to get involved. In fact when I first received the call from school to inquire about my availability for a 9 hours outdoor excursion on Sunday, the first reaction from my husband was, "can I go together with you?" And the experience as Parent Volunteers was beyond words! We had great fun with the kids and got to know a bit more about the school's culture. The teachers there were surprised by how vigorous Daddy is seeing him climbing up and down nonstop with the school kids. Other parents were even more surprised to have met Daddy, because it seems that Daddy volunteers are a rare breed there.

(**drum rolling**)
TOP #1. Daddy the "bedtime battle winner"

If you're like most parents, you're all too familiar with this scenario: you put your child to bed at 8.30pm, hugging and kissing him/her good night and sweet dreams. It's been a long day, but still you've got work to catch up with, and you haven't had a spare moment to put your feet up. But instead of spending the rest of the evening catching up on your chores and spending some precious time winding down for the night, you're in and out of the kid's room, cajoling your child to sleep. Your child finally nods off – about two hours after he/she first went to bed.

Familiar?!! Our lights off time at home is 9:30pm but most of the time, I need to hug Rynus with my left arm and face Renzo on my right for at least 15 to 30 minutes before they fall into deep sleep. Renzo can be quite a handful at times, as he has tons of questions to ask and lots of things to share about his daytime school life. And usually he insists to sleep besides mummy so putting both kids down to bed is my daily night job while Daddy stays in the study room after our "lights off"time. But on those days I have my work commitment at night, or once a while when I'm too tired and need to have some ME time in a separate room alone, Daddy will happily take over the duty and indeed Rynus usually sleeps faster when he's being handled by Daddy. I am sure many would agree with me that for a dad to be able to put kids down to bed on his own, is 200% an achievement!

So, to the most wonderful dad, happy father's day!!

0 thoughts on this article:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2009 ~ 2011 Watch Renzo Grow | Design : Noyod.Com | Edited by: Gamersaurus | Icons by: FastIcon.com