Monday, July 6, 2009

Kicking or Somersaulting? Nope, little Renzo is hiccupping..

Renzo has not been actively moving during last weekend. Normally I can feel him kicking around hard or turn somersaults many times a day (especially after food, or I should say after having western food, haha..).. Dr Lim said that he should be moving 10 times a day at least, thus I was really worried last night that even my father-in-law can tell that I couldn't concentrate myself while we were having dinner together.


So this morning I attempted to "feed" him with yogurt drink, multi-grain bread (my routine breakfast) and he did kick a little bit. Finally while I was having my fish porridge during lunch, he moved actively again as usual. Apparently Renzo also likes fish and soupy stuff besides western food. (I did considered "waking him up" with western food at first, but decided not to do so due to health factor. And luckily fish porridge helps in the end..)

Partially satisfied with the fact that Renzo starts to move again (although I wish his kicks can be stronger, haha), I went back to office and had a 30 minutes quick nap, the moment I woke up, I started to feel this short, jerky, rhythmical movement around my pelvis area, then moved up to my upper belly right below my chest.. I think Renzo is having HICCUPS!! The feeling was weird and cute, and it only disappeared after about 5 minutes. After some research I found out that it is very common and normal to feel baby hiccups during pregnancy. Some people speculate that it could be caused by the fetus breathes/drinks in amniotic fluid, while others are saying that it is a good sign that baby is a strong breather. Whatever it is, as long as I am double assured, triple assured that baby Renzo is all healthy.. Haha...

Being a first time mother, every new thing is absolutely an amazing thrill ^_^

0 thoughts on this article:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2009 ~ 2011 Watch Renzo Grow | Design : Noyod.Com | Edited by: Gamersaurus | Icons by: FastIcon.com